GET READY! IT'S TIME FOR TOURNAMENT TEAMS TO PLAY BALL!
No Restrictions on Leads or Stealing
Sports at the Beach is approved to resume tournament play under the plans submitted The plan submitted and approved is specific to Sports at the Beach and should be considered an addition to general business and other applicable guidelines.
Jamie Mack, MPA Chief – Health Systems Protection - Delaware Department of Health and Social Services - Division of Public Health
These are certainly unsettling times as COVID-19 has swept through the nation, affecting both, our personal and professional lives. We would like to thank everyone who has supported our efforts, along with the coaches, players and teams who have helped make the unfortunate process of postponing the first half of the season a fluid transition!
If you are ill; have a fever, cough, or respiratory condition; have a compromised immune system; are in any other group that may be at an increased risk of contracting a virus like the coronavirus; or have recently come in contact with someone who is sick or has traveled to a state or country listed on the CDC’s Risk Assessment, we encourage you to refrain from any public activities until cleared by your healthcare provider.
- Concession Stands will be open and operated under take-out restaurant guidelines. Please maintain distance when ordering and awaiting pick up.
- All Bleachers & Public seating will be limited or indicated as not available. Spectators should supply their own chairs / blankets.
- Spectators & teams may not approach a field until it is clear of all other players and staff.
- Due to state capacity restrictions the Pool will remain closed.
- Playgrounds will be closed and we recommend outdoor toys & activities for younger children.
- Tournament tee’s are pre-order only and must be picked up by 4pm the first day of the tournament. Team orders are encouraged for reducing contact amongst staff and guests.
- All games will be 1:50 minutes to provide extra time to disinfect dugouts
- Pregame meetings with umpire will take place with Social Distancing in place.
- The dugout is provided to your team and coaches are responsible for deciding and informing your team of your rules regarding use. The dugout will be disinfected in between games.
- One umpire per field stationed 6 foot behind the pitcher, not in the customary position behind the catcher. Please keep in mind that is is very diffcult to see the lines in regard to fair or foul. He will do his best.